Sunday, March 14, 2004

Body Image and Nutrition
This is a great site for adolescents to get information about body image, eating disorders and nutrition. Body Wise is very user friendly, and uses vocabulary that teens can understand. The different categories that are discussed include: Body Image, Eating Disorders, Eating Right, and Staying Fit. Each section is very visually appealing, and has a little cartoon strip to accompany the information. This site also has a resource section that has book suggestions, and website suggestions for teens.

I would have my students use this website as a resource while doing research, and planning presentations. It would also be a great site to use in a webquest. The information is straightforward and to the point. I would also use this as a teachers' resource.

During my internship, I would gather a bunch of great sites for each unit that I taught, and I would post these sites on the school webpage for students to go to so that they could get more information. This would be an example of the type of site I would post for them. They can use it to supplement what they learn in class, and also aid them in doing assignments, or planning presentations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home