Saturday, March 13, 2004

Keeping Kids Safe Online
The Internet can be a scary place. Teachers and parents must give children the tools that are needed to stay safe on the internet. As an education student, I have had the opportunity to see many presentations on the dangers of the internet. I have been told many times that we must monitor students while they are surfing, and make sure that they are also aware of the dangers, and are able to distinguish between legitimate, and illegitimate sites for research. Cybersmart Kids is a site for kids, that is about staying safe on the internet. I would use this site in my classroom at the beginning of the year, before my students ventured out on the net. Teachers and parents cannot watch children 24/7. Eventually they are going to be alone, and on the computer. I think that all children should be equipped with the knowledge and necessary critical thinking skills that will allow them to be Cybersmart.

This Site has a Cybersmart Quiz, as well as a Teachers' Page that has a lesson plan and great educational sites.

Internet safety is something that many teachers neglect to teach. I feel that it is absolutely necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home