Friday, March 05, 2004

I Wish I Would Have Known About this Site A Long Time Ago
Wow! I just came across an outstanding, educational and informative site. The World Almanac for Kids is fabulous!!! It has information on everything you would want to know about in the following areas: countries of the world, religion, space/solar system, sports, inventors, animals etc.. It also has a section that is called "Did you know" which I think many kids would enjoy. If I would have known about this site earlier, I would have recommended it to my students in internship. They did culture presentations, and this site would have been a great resource. Even the section on Canada is amazing in itself.

I would use this site as a teacher resource, and I would have my students go on it to research for projects, to research their interests, and just to find out something new. The information from this site could be used to make interactive lesson plans that are interesting and motivational for students. This site is very user friendly, as it is clearly laid out, and basically makes sense. There was so much to learn about, and it was separated into such distinct sections, that I just could not leave this site.

You have to check this out! You will not regret it :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home