Saturday, January 17, 2004

Who Doesn't Love Poetry?
Language Arts was always one of my favorite subjects in school, and it is also one of my favorites to teach. I especially love to teach poetry. I came across these great sites the other day, and thought I would share them. The first is a great site for both students and teachers. It shows examples of the many different types of poems, and defines each type. Students could use these when they are writing poetry, to experiment with different styles that they may not have thought to try. This site would be good for middle years students, right up to high school students and adults. The second site is awesome. It has so many poems that kids would love to read, and it also has a teachers section that talks about how to incorporate poetry into the curriculum. This site would probably be best for elementary level students.
Types of Poetry
Poems for Kids

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home